Welcome to Nursery
I am Miss Greene and I am delighted to be teaching Nursery this year.
The children are settling-in well, exploring their new environment and making new friends.
In our class we are supported by Mrs Brock
This term we will be focusing on getting to know your child through the topic ‘All About Me’
We will explore learning through a balance of [well-planned] adult directed activities and child initiated play, covering the seven areas of learning.
In order to support your child at home, with their learning and development, please encourage:
- Speaking and Listening– Ask questions about their morning in Nursery (use Tapestry to prompt discussions).
- Turn taking and sharing– Play games which require taking turns and sharing.
- Reading– Look at books together and discuss the pictures. Let your child tell you the story, through the pictures. Read books regularly (bed-time story) and repeat stories. Repetition is key to learning at this early stage.
- Counting and number recognition– Count objects and actions (e.g. going up/down the stairs). Look at numbers in the environment (e.g when shopping, when walking home – on front doors, car number-plates, etc).
- Sing nursery rhymes– (Use Youtube if you are not sure of the words).
Please check the website and Tapestry regularly as we will be updating it with all of the wonderful learning that has been taking place.
Please remember if you would like to speak to me I am available before or after school most days. Please contact the office to make an appointment.