The General Data Protection Regulation is legislation which determines how personal data is processed and kept safe and the legal rights individuals have in relation to their own data.
As public organisations, schools are required to comply.
At Holdbrook Primary School & Nursery Primary School, we have:
- Received training regarding GDPR
- Made everyone in school aware of GDPR including governors and appointed a Data Protection Officer
- Begun reviewing all of our data and documents.
- Updated our Data Protection Policy
- Will provide parents / carers and pupils with privacy notices to explain how we use their data..
We already highly value and protect all of our pupils, parents /carers and staff data and will continue to do so.
For further information about GDPR please visit the ICO website.
Our Data Protection Officer is: Carole Connolly who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any subject access requests (SAR) or Freedom of Information requests (FOI) should be made using the following email address: email@example.com
Our privacy notices set out:
- The personal information we hold on parents/carers and pupils
- How we use that information
- How you can contact us regarding any privacy matter.